David Carey, chemical hygiene officer, stands next to a shelf containing hundreds of organic compounds in the chemical supply room in Kresge Hall.
In January of 2009, 93 year-old Marvin Schur died a “slow, painful death,” according to autopsy reports, from hypothermia that occurred after an electricity limiting device was placed on his home. Schur was never informed a limiter had been placed on his home, may have suffered from short-term memory loss, was living alone and was found frozen to death in his ranch-style home at a temperature below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
Over the past two months, fliers advertising Squeller have been posted on bulletin boards all over campus. The first round bore only the silhouette of a large black squirrel and the name Squelller, leaving many wondering what exactly Squeller was.