David Carey, chemical hygiene officer, stands next to a shelf containing hundreds of organic compounds in the chemical supply room in Kresge Hall.
In January of 2009, 93 year-old Marvin Schur died a “slow, painful death,” according to autopsy reports, from hypothermia that occurred after an electricity limiting device was placed on his home. Schur was never informed a limiter had been placed on his home, may have suffered from short-term memory loss, was living alone and was found frozen to death in his ranch-style home at a temperature below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
Over the past two months, fliers advertising Squeller have been posted on bulletin boards all over campus. The first round bore only the silhouette of a large black squirrel and the name Squelller, leaving many wondering what exactly Squeller was.
It may be hard to read someone else’s mind, but it’s certain that they are “always thinking”—especially if they are Albion students.